Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon 4 (1) (by angox)
I took this last year, but in retrospect, I think it’s my strongest piece from high school.
Working on this project really made me examine my own opinions, preconceptions and prejudices about “slutty” women and women who choose to cover all of their skin alike. I used to assume that all women who wore Hijabs were being oppressed, slut-shame, and look down on and judge any woman who didn’t express her sexuality in a way that I found appropriate.
I’d like to think I’m more open now.
Rape, By The Numbers.
Untitled (The Hotel Eden) by Joseph Cornell, 1945. Construction.
How To Make Moss Street Art
- 3 handfuls of moss
- 1/2 to 2 cups of buttermilk
- You can also substitute with yogurt (vegan yogurt can be used)
- 3 cups of lukewarm water
- 2 tsp. of water-retention gardening gel
- Wash the moss, remove any soil that remains.
- Break the moss into small parts and put it the the blender
- Add the cups of water, water-retention gardening and buttermilk
- Pulse blend for 2-5 minutes, until gel forms
- Transfer to bucket or container
- Paint onto wood or rough concrete
- If you can, mist weekly or apply another coat of moss paint